Happy Halloween

Email Facebook LinkedIn Home Image Map

December 16, 2017

"HO, HO, HO"
The word "SANTA CLAUS" depending on what grade you are teaching can be such a tricky word for some teachers.  For instance we were reading as a class an article about Santa Claus and it mentioned about him being at the Mall.  So that triggered one of my students to say, "Santa isn't at the mall he is at the North Pole getting ready for Christmas Eve."  Okay then someone else raises their hand and says, I got my picture taken last week with Santa at my Mall."  So I know at this point everyone of my students has their own "Santa Story" to share with us but I need to end it so that my first student that knows that Santas DON'T go to Malls doesn't get more confused.  So to get them off of the subject and let Mom and Dad handle that one the way they choose to.  I say, "Remember what Santa brings you those wonderful wrapped packages that you are being "nice" not "naughty" for.  How many are you are on the "nice" list?  Great"  Then we were able to go on with our lessons.   Side note-I did call the child's mother about the "Mall" and she was very appreciative of the heads-up about the classroom conversation.  She did inform me the next day that as soon as he saw her he told her the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment