Happy Halloween

Email Facebook LinkedIn Home Image Map

August 29, 2018




I  CAN'T  DO  MY  HOMEWORK !!!!
How many parents, truthfully, hear that contstantly from their child.  Sometimes it can be true BUT most of the times they are just using it as a crutch.  Why not???  They have Mom or Dad's full attention for a long length of time and that is a pretty high priority to a young child especially if there are siblings involved. Personally and professionally, I feel academically, it is much more beneficial for the child to open up their agenda and start doing their work all by themselves.  Nine times out of ten their teacher has already gone over the directions and might have already done some examples for them or they might have had a similar sheet they did earlier in the day in the classroom.  I always liked when they were all finished if they had any questions to ask me if they thought this was the correct answer or not or if they did such and such question correctly.  Then I always enjoyed going over the work with them but not doing it with them unless they needed me to show them how to do an example of a problem.  Studying for a test I was always open to helping them whenever they needed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment